Owed money by someone in Australia?

If you do business across the Tasman or are owed money by someone who may be living over there, there is now an easier way to access personal insolvency information about a person in Australia.

Go to our Help and Support page 'How do I… Search the registers' and you will now find a link direct to the Australian Financial Security Authority website.

From there you can do a Bankruptcy Register Search (BRS) to find out if a person is bankrupt or has entered into a debt agreement proposal in Australia. There is a charge for this service.

Note - if you want to find information on company liquidations or administrations you will need to contact the Australian Securities & Investments Commission(external link).