If owed by company in receivership or voluntary administration

The Official Assignee does not act as a Receiver or Voluntary Administrator. If you are owed money by a company in receivership or voluntary administration, you should search the Companies Office Register(external link) to find out who the receiver/administrator is and contact them directly.

In a Voluntary Administration the creditors get a chance to vote on who the administrator will be and what should happen to the company. For example, you might be able to vote on whether a company’s affairs should be rearranged so it can continue trading.

In a Receivership, the receiver acts on behalf of a creditor who has security over some or all of the company assets. The receiver will decide whether the company should continue to trade or be closed down.