Before you can apply

Register and activate your account

Create account

You must be a registered user to file claims or applications online with the Insolvency and Trustee Service. Click on Register to create your account.

Activate your account

Once you receive an email with the activation code, you will need it to activate your account. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your user name, password and secret question.

Apply online

You must be registered and logged in to access these forms

Debt Repayment Order

A Debt Repayment Order (DRO) is a formal arrangement with creditors to repay debt over time (normally three years). A DRO Supervisor oversees the payments and deals with the creditors.

No Asset Procedure

A No Asset Procedure (NAP) is an alternative to bankruptcy and may be available to you if you owe between $1,000 and $50,000 in secured and unsecured debt, e.g. through credit cards.


Bankruptcy is a legal process for people who cannot repay their debts as they become due. Being bankrupt stops your unsecured creditors from attempting to collect debts from you. Bankruptcy covers most but not all debts.

Debtors can now apply directly to ITS for bankruptcy.

DRO Supervisor Consent

You need to complete a consent form to become a DRO Supervisor.

Manage my insolvency

You must be registered and logged in to have access this section

Update my personal details

During your bankruptcy, No Asset Procedure, or Summary Instalment Order you must notify the Official Assignee whenever you change your name, address, terms of employment or financial circumstances.

Complete Statement of Affairs

If you have already been adjudicated bankrupt via the courts, you can choose to complete a Statement of Affairs (SOA) electronically and send it to ITS.

You should have already received registration details from ITS to enable you to do this, but if you are not sure, ring our Contact Centre 0508 467 658. Do not try to obtain a new User Account.

Apply for approval to travel

If you are bankrupt, you can't travel overseas without consent from the Official Assignee (or the Court). The easiest way to apply is online. The online form makes it easy for you to provide all the information we need to be able to make a decision. If your request is straight forward, you will receive an answer by email within three working days. Manual applications can take up to 10 working days to be processed.