Lodge a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about a service or the conduct of an insolvent person you need to complete a complaint form and send it to the Official Assignee by:
- Completing the form below
- or in writing, using our complaint form.
- This form is for all complaints to the Insolvency and Trustee Service (ITS) of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE).
- When completing this form, please provide as much supporting evidence as possible, that will assist the Official Assignee to investigate and take any possible action.
- The Insolvency and Trustee Service is not required to act on every complaint it receives.
The Official Assignee Compliance Unit investigates complaints and, where appropriate, prosecutes offences under various legislation including the Insolvency Act 1967 and Insolvency Act 2006.
Information you provide to the Official Assignee can only be used for the specific purpose of administering a bankruptcy, No Asset Procedure, Summary Instalment Order or liquidation, or to investigate possible offences against the Insolvency Act 2006 (external link) or Companies Act 1993 (external link) .
If a third party makes a request to the Insolvency and Trustee Service to access this information it will only be released in accordance with the Insolvency Act 2006, the Privacy Act 1993, the Official Information Act 1982 or any other legislation.