Learn how to become a registered user
Registering as a user of our website provides fast and convenient access to our online services.
You must be a registered user to file claims or applications online with the Insolvency and Trustee Service.
Registering as a user on the Insolvency and Trustee Service website has a number of advantages including:
- The ability to make an online application for bankruptcy, NAP or SIO through our application tool
- The process for filing online creditor claims (Proofs of Debt) is simplified
- The ability to view a list of and monitor all the claims you have filed electronically
- The ability to associate your account with your creditor details held at the Insolvency and Trustee Service
- The ability to link your account with multiple creditors
- The ability to determine the levels of access your users have to online services.
What will it cost?
There is no joining or ongoing maintenance fees. It is free to use all of the online services available on the Insolvency and Trustee Service website.
Before using our online services for the first time, please check the optimal site settings. You will also find links here to download any software you may require.
- Hover your mouse over the Online Services option on the top right hand corner of your page.
- Select the Register option.
- Enter your details, all fields marked with a red asterisk * are mandatory fields.
- Once complete, select Submit.
- Choose a user name, password and secret question in case you forget your password in the future.
- Click Save.
- An email will now be sent to you that includes an activation link. Click on this hyperlink.
- Verify your name and email address then enter your username and password.
Once the global administrator has set up the user, the user must log on and activate their account.
- From the red box on the right hand side of the homepage called ‘Online Services’ select the Activate Account option.
- Enter the activation code that was sent via email and the email address of the user, select Activate.
- Follow the directions in the next screen and choose a user name, password and secret question in case you forget your password.
- Once complete, click Save.