Optimum software and site settings
What you need to know
Find out how to optimise your service with the best site settings and software.
- This site should be viewed at a minimum screen resolution of 800 x 600.
- The number of colours on screen should be set to 256 or higher.
- Use the scroll bars at the right hand side of the web browser to view additional information.
- If you are using a modem 56kB is preferred, however a 28.8 kB modem will provide acceptable performance.
- If browsing this site with Microsoft Internet Explorer ensure you have version 6 or 7. If you are using in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) you may experience some difficulties. We recommend you use IE8's Compatability View feature.
- This site requires Java. Macintosh (Apple) computers require Macintosh Runtime for Java version 2.2.4 or higher.
- This site is not compatible with Internet Explorer 5.2 for Macintosh computers, we recommend Safari for Macintosh users.
- If your session is locking up when you try to login or you encounter "Action Cancelled" or "Page cannot be displayed" messages and are running Windows XP Internet Explorer version 6 with service pack 1, please download hot fix Q331906 from Microsoft.
- This site provides services which generate e-mail reports in a PDF format. You will therefore need PDF viewing software to display these reports received via e-mail.
Download Acrobat Reader
- This site provides access to registered documents in Microsoft Word format. If you do not have Microsoft Word installed you will need to download the Microsoft Word viewer.
Download Word Viewer 2003
- This site provides access to registered documents in WordPerfect format. If you do not have WordPerfect installed you will need to download the WordPerfect Viewer.
Download a Netscape/Internet Explorer WordPerfect Viewer for Windows 95/98 or Windows NT
- This site has been designed for Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and above (beta versions of IE8 are not supported). If you are experiencing problems with IE 6 service pack 1 please Download hot fix Q331906. This hotfix only applies to Windows XP users.
Download a version of Microsoft Internet Explorer
- This site requires Java. Macintosh (Apple) computers require Macintosh Runtime for Java version 2.2.4 or higher. Apple supplies their own version of Java. Please use the Software Update feature (available on the Apple menu) to check that you have the most up-to-date version of Java for your Apple Mac.
- This site provides access to data files in Microsoft Excel format. If you do not have Microsoft Excel installed, you will need to download the Microsoft Excel viewer.
Download Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003
- This site utilises Java in some parts. If you have a Windows PC you may need to download Java Virtual Machine.
Download Java Virtual Machine
- Adobe Flash Player is required for the animated demonstrations in the Customer Support section.
Download Adobe Flash Player